8 May 2012

Because I Hate The Thought of Leaving


I am supposed to be reading a book
Or doing something equally as productive
Instead I am thinking about going home
And I am wondering if we will ever meet again
I am hoping that today is not our last
I am hoping that tomorrow is not the start of the new beginning that I need
I am hoping that you will choose to be a part of that new beginning that I need

I know that I should not want more than I have
I know that I should not think this is more than what it is
I know that there is nothing more and nothing less
And yet a small part of me wishes for it to be
I cannot help but think that you will forget
That you do not feel as I do
But I will not apologise for these fleeting thoughts

I know that it does not matter whether this is more or less
I know that it does not matter if we are or we will never be
I know that it does not matter if you choose to forget
I know that it does not matter if this is the last time
I will always know you as the only one
Who could see straight into my soul
And stare unflinchingly at the ugliness inside

3 comments:

  1. I can relate to this poem in so many ways. Eloquent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful as always with a killer punch at the end. I love your poetry - hope you're doing ok chica!

    ReplyDelete

I like to talk. I also like to listen. Leave me your thoughts.