7 March 2012

I Wish I Believed In Jesus

My family is Muslim. 
I was raised Muslim.
I never believed in any of it.
I wore a headscarf for a while, I kind of hated it though.
I tried to pretend to believe in holy things, and I was jealous of the ones who didn’t have to pretend.
I pretend a lot, I pretend I’m happy when I’m not. 
I pretend I’m cool, and smart, and ‘individual’. 
I am none of these things. 
I’m not sure what I am. 
I do wish I believed in Jesus though.
He seems like he’s really happy, and cool, and smart and individual. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this. Can't explain why. It's just the way it's inner monologue done as poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kaitlyn. I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete

I like to talk. I also like to listen. Leave me your thoughts.